Sunday, September 21, 2008

Our Summer

The picture of Deb and I was taken at the Greenville/Spartanburg Airport by a little old Lady who was traveling with her little dog. She was well to do and had been a professional dancer and dance instructor. She had been trained in New York. Her daughters and now her granddaughter are trained in New York, also. She said her daughters had been with the Rocketts. The bed in our room looked so good at 4:00 AM in the morning.























Deb and I have been busy this summer. It started with a flight to Fort Lauderdale, FL, on June 5th, 2008. Our flight was to take off at 8:05 PM, but was delayed. We were told it might be around 10:00 PM and then it was 12 midnight. The airline brought in pizza and drinks for us and we ended up leaving about 12:10 AM. The flight went real good and we landed around 3:15 AM and then the fun really began. Deb and I had never in our adult life rode in a taxi, but we were in for a surprise. We walked out the door of the airport with all of our luggage and we must have looked like tourist or something because a taxi rolled up, the driver jumped out, spoke to a man at the airport and came to start getting our luggage. The driver was a Jamaican and he drove real fast and was whipping in and out of traffic. If my eyes served me right he reached speed up 85 mph on that freeway. He had said that the Hotel was just a short distance, so we were ready to get out of there. Deb was holding my hand with both of her's and was squeezing real tight. The good thing was there was not much traffic that time of the morning. We pulled in front of the Crown Plaza and the driver unloaded our luggage and I asked how much? He looked at the meter and said $40.00, so I gave him $45.00, which included the tip. I found out the next day that a taxi fare from the airport is $25.00, so I would have liked to have seen that Jamaican again. I'm going to stop for now and try to post a few pictures.

No comments: